From the organizers - UK based Digital Tourism Think Tank:
"Now, more than ever, DMOs must demonstrate leadership, create fluid strategic plans, and generate true value for their communities. X. Festival provides DMOs with the solutions to do this. This event is uniquely designed for DMOs, industry leaders, tourism boards, membership organisations and enterprise agencies to drive strategies for destination recovery."
Speakers will include:
- Adam Sacks, Tourism Economics
- Alice Gifford, Adventure Travel Tourism Association
- Ashish Arya, Pinterest
- Caroline Bremner, Euromonitor International
- Dominic Lapointe, UQAM
- Sergio Guerreiro, Turismo de Portugal
- Iva Kutle Skrlect, Google
- James O'Leary, Skyscanner
- Luca Romozzi, Sojern
- Lynn Carpenter, Visit California
- Rachel Ferguson, Visit Philadelphia
- Shuhei Akahoshi, Kyoto City Tourism Association
Go here to see the extensive program.
Ticket prices are:
- Business Pass (for hotel, tour operator (etc), reps. I think) €155
- Industry pass (for DMO reps) €220
- SME pass (10,000 available) for people from organizations with 20 or fewer employeees (but NOT agencies or consultants of any stripe) €15
At different places on the website, this event is described as "presented live" and "hybrid". In that the UK currently has Europe's deadliest coronavirus numbers, I suspect the X. Festival will be virtual one way or another.
Wonderful speaker lineup, despite being EU-heavy. Anyone in travel/tourism who qualifies for the SME pass should participate.