Although most countries have imposed travel restrictions because of COVID-19, and the US Government is widely considered not to be controlling spread of the virus as well as it should, Americans aren't entirely unwelcome in some:
- US Virgin Islands - Must pass health screening and temperature check at arrival
- St. Lucia - Must provide negative test result from within 7 days of boarding flight, pass temperature check at arrival, wear mask in public spaces throughout visit.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Visitors arriving by air must provide negative test result from within 7 days of boarding flight, visitors arriving by ship must quarantine. In-country, all visitors subject to health checks and assessments, possible additional test.
- Jamaica - Must complete online health assessment prior to boarding flight. Residents of AZ, FL, NY, TX must upload a recent negative COVID-19 PCR test done by an accredited laboratory.
- Saint Barthélemy - Visitors must bring recent negative test result or be tested at arrival and quarantine for 24 hours. A second test is required on Day 7 of the visit.
- Bahamas - Visitors must quarantine at own expense at a government facility for 14 days, then pass test.
- Dominican Republic - Expect temperature checks and other precautionary measures on arrival.
- St. Martin - Must bring a negative test result and travel wearing a mask
- Bermuda - Must have negative test and travel insurance, pass second test on arrival, isolate at accommodation until negative test result is received, complete documentation ($75 fee), take additional tests on Days 3, 7 and 14 of visit, take temperature twice a day and report results online..
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines - Must either bring negative test result, or be tested at airport on arrival and quarantine until results are back.
- Aruba - Must obtain Aruba Visitors Insurance and on arrival either present negative test result or pay $75 for a test, and quarantine while awaiting results.
- Puerto Rico - Must either bring negative test result or be tested ar airport on arrival and quarantine for 14 days. Must wear a mask.
- Turks and Caicos - Must bring negative test result and proof of medical insurance. Face masks are mandatory in public spaces.
- Barbados - Must bring recent negative test result.
- Grenada - Open to Americans as of 1 August. Must bring recent negative test result, download tracing app, be retested after 48 hours and quarantine at own expense until results come back negative (or if positive, quarantine another 14 days and be retested).
- Dominica - Reopens 7 August. Must bring recent negative test result and stay at certified accommodation.
- Belize - Airport reopens 15 August, and only certified hotels will be allowed to reopen. Must either bring recent negative test result or be tested at airport. At airport must wear mask, sanitize shoes, undergo temperature check. Must download Belize Health App.
- Mexico - Can enter by air now, but by road not until at least 21 August.
- UK - 14-day quarantine required, violators may be fined
- Serbia - No entry restrictions (but subject to change anytime)
- Croatia - Must provide recent negative test, and proof of accommodation reservation.
- North Macedonia - Must pass temperature check at airport. Because there are no direct flights from the US, travelers need to check restrictions at any intermediate stops.
Africa & Middle East
- Tanzania - Intensive screening, possible testing upon arrival
- Egypt - Resort areas including southern Sinai Peninsula, Red Sea area and Marsa Matrouh are open. But no flights to Cairo.
- Dubai - Prior to arrival, visitors must complete visa application, have medical insurance, download COVID-19 DXB app; then bring negative test result, pass temperature check at airport.
- Rwanda - Airports reopen to commercial flights 1 August. Visitors must bring recent negative test result, then be tested again at the airport and self-isolate until negative result comes back.
- Cambodia - Upon arrival visitors must pass COVID-19test, show proof of health insurance, put up $3000 deposit to cover costs of contracting virus during visit.
- Turkey - Americans must apply for and receive a visa. Visitors must pass airport temperature screening; anyone symptomatic will be tested and referred to a hospital for treatment and quarantine.
- Maldives - Visitors must show a lodging booking confirmation, and stay at only one resort during their trip.
- French Polynesia - Must bring recent negative test result, and proof of travel insurance.
In addition to the requirements stated above, virtually all of these countries require visitors to complete and submit a document or questionnaire of some kind, and agree to observe certain health and safety protocols. Check the individual country Health and Tourism Departments' websites.