In its recent Tourism Highlights 2018 report, the UN World Tourism Organization lists these as the 5 most visited countries in Africa:
- Morocco (pictured above) had over 12M international visitors in 2018. Attractions include local markets, Moorish architecture, red-sand desert.
- South Africa had 8.6M visits in 2018, despite economic recession, visa restrictions and water problems in Cape Town. Beautiful, vibrant cities are the main attraction.
- Tunisia saw 5.72M visitors in 2018. Beautiful cities with architecture reminiscent of the Greek Islands and Andalusia.
- Egypt had 5.26M visitors in 2018, with the pyramids the main attraction.
- Zimbabwe had 2M+ visitors in 2018. Victoria Falls are #1 attraction.