In a survey report preview released yesterday, travel market researchers Phocuswright announced that although fewer than 50% of US and European consumers say they already feel comfortable with traveling, 3 in 4 will be ready to travel by January, and 9 in 10 by next July.
- Domestic travel will recover first.
- Top traveler concerns include:
- Fear of being stranded at a destination
- Stricter travel regulations
- Closed borders
- Having to deal with unfamiliar health-care systems
- Europeans aren't yet at all comfortable with international travel, especially beyond Europe.
- Americans are even more reluctant to leave the USA.
- Frequent travelers - those who took 3 or more trips in 2019 - express stronger intent to travel internationally than those who traveled less frequently prior to COVID-19.