On 29 July we published a list of countries Americans can visit, with information on COVID-19 quarantining, testing, paperwork, etc.
Here are new additions:
- Brazil - Must show proof of health insurance that will be valid throughout stay. Note that Brazil is under a US State Department Level 4 Travel Advisory (Do Not Travel) because of high level of COVID-19 infections.
- Costa Rica - As of 1 September, residents (verified by driver's license) of CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY and VT may enter if they complete documentation, pass a COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of arrival, and show proof of travel medical insurance.
- Ecuador - Must present proof of COVID-19 PCR test taken within 10 days of arrival, or quarantine at own expense until a negative test result is received. Visitors to Galapagos Islands tourist sites must also take and pass another COVID-19 PCR test, and present negative results of a test taken within 96 hours of arrival in the country.
- Haiti - Complete documentation and quarantine for 14 days. The Ministry of Public Health will contact visitors 3 times after arrival, to determine onset of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Honduras - Negative COVID-19 PCR or serology test required. Visitors showing symptoms may be quarantined. Note that Honduras is under a US State Department Level 4 Travel Advisory (Do Not Travel) because of high level of COVID-19 infections and crime.
- St. Maarten - Must complete online documentation before traveling and upload negative result of a COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival.
- Albania - Expect there to be medical screenings and potential quarantining at all points of entry.
- Belarus - Expect temperature checks at Minsk International Airport. Note that the country is in the midst of mass protests against the government of President Alexander Lukashenko.
- Ireland - Mandatory 14-day quarantine
- Kosovo - No testing or quarantine. But some US citizens are being denied boarding of flights to Prisitina International Airport because they are not residents or citizens of Kosovo. The US Embassy strongly suggests that Americans not visit Kosovo in summer 2020.
- Malta - Visitors can avoid EU travel ban on Americans by first transiting a "safe corridor country" like Croatia or Turkey, and remaining there for 14 days before entering Malta.
- Montenegro - Pass COVID-19 PCR or antibody test within 72 hours of arrival. (Children under age 5 are exempt.) Must not in previous15 days have stopped in or transited through any country whose residents are not permitted to enter Montenegro.
- Ukraine - Download "Dii Vdoma" app and either pass COVID-19 PCR test within 24 hours of entry, enter an isolation unit, or quarantine at destination (which you must register via app).
Africa & Middle East
- Armenia - Submit a negative COVID-19 PCR test result upon arrival, or face mandatory quarantine for 14 days. Persons who elect to quarantine must do so until they can produce a negative test result.
- South Korea - Be tested upon arrival and quarantine for up to 14 days in government facilities at own expense.
Note that any/all of these requirements - for the countries listed above and also those in the 29 July list -are subject to change at any time. Check the individual country Health and Tourism Departments' websites.