Travel guide publishers Fodor's have released their 2020 No List of 13 destinations and one activity they recommend tourists not experience in 2020 for various reasons:
- Barcelona, Big Sur, Angkor Wat, Bali, and Hanoi Train Street are on the list on account of overtourism and damage to the environment.
- The Matterhorn made the list because unstable and dangerous for amateur climbers.
- The coral reefs of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and Mexico's Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Cozumel are polluted, diseased and dying, need time to heal
- The Galapagos National Park and Komodo Island are expected to charge very large tourist fees in 2020 in order to discourage visitation to sensitive areas.
- Costa Rica and Mexico made the list because of 2019 incidents at certain resorts of hospitalization and deaths of tourists from poisoning by tainted alcohol.
- Cape Town is on the list for its status as the world's most dangerous city - 66 killings per 100,000 people in 2018.
- Elephant riding - prevalent in Thailand and other destinations in Asia - is blacklisted for the cruel treatment of elephants.