Brand USA reports that a study by Oxford Economics has found that in FY 2018 (1 October 2017 - 30 September 2018) marketing by the US national tourist board resulted in:
- 1.13M incremental international visits
- $4.1B in revenue for US carriers
- $1.17B in federal, state and local tax revenues
- $8.9B in US economic impact
- 52,305 incremental US jobs
And marketing ROI was 32:1.
International inbound travel accounts for 11% of all US exports, and contributes $77.4B to the national trade surplus.
Not bad. Good on Brand USA.